Help with Redheart Kid's Hooded Sweatshirt pattern

Dana R

Question

Hello, my son really wants me to make him the Kid"s Hooded Sweatshirt...(link here: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/kids-hooded-sweatshirt) the problem is there is no yardage only the number of skeins for the yarn needed! When I got to the store with him to pick out the yarn, there were 3 different sizes of skeins! Super Saver regular, economy, and jumbo! How do I know how much yarn to use? I am not a fan of the yarn he wants so I probably would not be able to find another pattern to use it with if I bought too much and the store  does not take back yarn even if it is unused.... Can anyone help me?

5 answers to this question

That is what I was thinking, but the pattern calls for a mulitcolored yarn (camoflage) and a solid yarn. I could not find any multicolored yarn in the economy size? It only came in the medium size at the store I was shoping in. I think it was around 245 yds? The solid color was much more over 100 yds more...

If you're a member of Ravelry, here is a link to the project page.  It only has 4 people making it, but you might be able to get some info from them.  I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't use too much over the suggested amount and if you do have some you could always make him a hat or some mittens/fingerless gloves...  I've used the camo for a few things and I like it.

Oops, forgot to give you the link, lol!  Here it is!  

Archived