Sleeves! Help Please!

Lynn

Question

I am making my first ever project with sleeves. Its from the Leisure Arts booklet

4 Stunning Crochet Shrugs. I am making the shrug on the front cover but am making it in black. I am now amking the first of the 2 sleeves and something just doesn't seem quite right. The ruffle at the bottom is made first then it says to work 49 stitches evenly across - which I did. Then Increase at each end of each row until I have increased 11 times, then increase every 4th row 4 times. I would then have a total of 57 dc's. The pattern is a mesh pattern of dc, ch1, sk next ch and dc in next chain. So, I am dc in each dc of row below and ch1 and dc in next dc. Now, my problem is this - it seems soooo wide for a sleeve but since I have never made a sleeve before I am not sure. Do all sleeves look this large before they are attached to the body of the sweater?

Thanks

Lynn

4 answers to this question

I tried folding the sleeve in half lengthwise and it looks better like that. I am probably just being silly but just didn't want to go to all that work and have it wrong.:lol

Thanks

Lynn

Archived