help with a pineapple

lene

ok, this may sound like a silly question, but I've never tried making any pineapples before, and I'm at a loss. I dearly love the pink pineapple I received in the bookmark swap earlier this year, and have looked all over the 'net in an effort to find the pattern. No luck. I'm hoping maybe one of you wonderful threadies can give me some tips. :lol

I went thru the bookmark swap thread and found this link to a pic that shows the pineapple I mean --

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/DesertCrocheter/gifts/bookmarkextravaganza.jpg

The one I'm hoping to recreate is the pink sparkly one at the far left, with the thin satin ribbon "tail." It has a lacey edging to it, and just looks somehow different from the other pienapple patterns I'm finding, and I have so little experience with this that I can't tell just by eyeballing it how to make this. What I'm hoping to do is make some of these in very thin, sparkly yarn to hang (small end pointing down) as tree ornaments this year. Did that make any sense?

At any rate, I'd really appreciate any advice or being told where I might find this pattern. Dunno why I'm itching to try this, but I am.:lol

Thanks!

Lene'

It does look very similar. Will it be easy to figure out where to stop if I don't want to do the tail? Not having done a pineapple before, I'm not sure I'll know where to end. :lol

I hope this turns out the way I want it to -- I have some Patons Brilliant, in gold, in white with silvery, in palest pink sparkle, etc., and for some reason I just keep seeing pineapples done in these yarns, hanging from the tree. If they don't look right when done, or if I booger them up, well, guess I'll go back to making snowflakes and stars.;)

Lene'

I just remembered that I have a pattern for pineapple earrings. It's a little more elongated pineapple than the one you showed, but it might be helpful about how to start without the tail. I'll take a look at it tonight.

Archived