Don't know what to charge for crocheted bag

I made a bag that looks just like this but don't know how much to charge for it. It took me awhile (I guess 2 weeks on and off) but cost me about $2 for yarn. Suggestions are appreciated and loved

EDIT: I would be selling these to teenagers (If that would give you an idea on what to charge and the age group)

100_0656.jpg

It's cute! How long do you think it took you all told? Is it acrylic or cotton?

I'd probably expect to pay around 18-25ish for a handmade bag like that.

I hope I'm not a cheapskate, though. Whatever you do, don't judge by similar items big huge chain stores might have.

I try not to even acknowledge those places exist when I'm pricing my handmade goods.

It's cute! How long do you think it took you all told? Is it acrylic or cotton?

I'd probably expect to pay around 18-25ish for a handmade bag like that.

I hope I'm not a cheapskate, though. Whatever you do, don't judge by similar items big huge chain stores might have.

I try not to even acknowledge those places exist when I'm pricing my handmade goods.

The yarn is cotton. I never saw bags like that in any chain store and $18-25 sounds right

I'm sure one of the mods will come along and delete that pic, since it's too big, but she can't edit it because it's mine. :D Here's the thumbnail:

th_100_0656.jpg

As I told another member who contacted me about selling these,

I do not mind if you sell the finished bags, as long as you acknowledge that the design is mine and do not try to claim it as your own in any way. :hook

That being said - these retail for about $8 apiece, although we sell them for slightly higher at my work. You can check out some commercial ones here. My guess is that it took me about 2 hours to make the bag - and I'd charge myself at least $10/hr + cost of material. That works out to $25, just like everyone has suggested. Sounds fair to me - anything less would be shorting yourself.

Archived