Six-Pointed Star Afghan

marcylka

Question

Has anyone out here made the Six-Pointed Star Afghan, pattern from Annie's Attic? I have started this one over twice and have ripped out countless times. The center wants to bow up; and the join looks crazy to me. You turn at the end of each ripple row.

Does anyone else have this problem or am I just ccrazy??

5 answers to this question

I have tried to make this twice and both times have frogged it... I did see recently that they had a correction to it so will have to check it out again.

For purchase from Annie's Attic. I have frogged the whole thing for the third time. IT is going on the back burner for awhile, going to do a different afghan for awhile while I think on the other one. Can't see wasting that much time when I can be productive on something else in the meantime. I will get back to it one day, but too frustrated with it right now.

:cheerI have written a Simple 6 Pointed Star pattern if you would like it.

Also Simple 12 Pointed Round Ripple which I can now send as a PDF as long as you PM me your email address.

I will also put the 6 pointer onto my iPad so I can send that as a PDF as well.

Not done yet though.

Have fun.

Colleen.

PS, The reason the one you are doing is bowing up in the middle is because there is not enough stitches increased on some of the rows.

If I remember right, 6 points just needs the same row repeated for the whole thing, unlike the 12 pointer which needs different increases.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen:hook

I know this is very late to reply, but I thoght I would share my experience. I botched the first try at this pattern and then decided to stubbornly try again. I was quite confused with the instructions at first until I realized that somehwere in the beginning of the round ripple pattern it didn't state where you're placing the three SCs in one space, this should be at the point and the skips should be at the join of the star (at the V part). I also had read from others that using one hook size smaller was helpful (I used an H hook).

The join does look a bit odd to me, but I took it as being a bit of a perfectionist. If you work at it, your slip stitch in the joining stitch should seem to blend in to everyone, except yourself because you know exactly where you were working and what to look for.

Also, it should be noted that this starts out as a six pointed star, but will not stay that way. Around round 22 you will add points to turn it  into 12 points and you will add even more points further along. That being said, you will be increasing your stitches, as indicated by the pattern, so make sure that you are counting your stitches well. This is not a pattern that you can get side tracked with and cover up the mistakes.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Archived