Changing afghan colors?

Have you ever started an afghan and after a few rows changed your mind about the colors?:hook

A friend of mine is becoming a grandmother for the first time in October, I think. She loves my crochet and asked if I would make a blanket. Last week I asked if she knew the gender and did she want a round one or a star. She messaged me back saying baby boy colors and a star would be appropriate.

I had Mary Maxims blueberry burst on hand with Michael's cool blue (loop and threads) so I added white. Liked how it looked, but got bored quickly. Went to Michael's this AM, and found Bernat Buddy Blue, with the cool blue and white.

I am really loving this color combo.

This afghan is going to Hollywood as her son is an actor.

So has any one started an afghan and changed colors several times?

Just tell her that you planned it this way :) I've used multiple different shades of the same color before in an afghan on purpose, but I don't see why you can't simply say you planned it this way. "Creative Liberty" with a pattern is what I call it when I change things up a little bit ;)

All the time!!! Especially since I love making squares....I give credit to those who can do a ghan in all one color, I have to switch off or I'd be snoring hook in hand...:lol.

On many of them. It's a nice frugal habit. I crochet, frog, change color, then get to crochet the first color all over again in something else. I really get my money's worth out of some of my yarn, especially the trickier colors! :lol

Archived