TESTER FOUND: Ocean Breezes Wrap/Scarf

Pattern Information: Pattern is an 8 row repeat using double crochet and chain stitches. Border includes treble (triple) stitch, double crochet, single crochet, and chain stitches. Finished size of wrap is 17" x 62" and finished size of scarf is 10" x 62". Basic information for adjusting these sizes are included in the pattern, but for testing purposes I would prefer that you follow the pattern as written.

Photo: See attachment below. (Sorry for the poor quality. It's been storming here so hard to get a clear picture today.)

Pattern Style: Written pattern

Skill Level: Easy

Yarn/Material/Tools Required: Tester will need 3 (for wrap) or 2 (for scarf) 6 oz/315 yd skeins Simply Soft (or comparable light worsted weight yarn) in desired color. Note that solid colors work best for this design; US Size H/8/5.00mm hook; Tapestry needle for weaving in ends.

Number of Testers Needed: 2-3

Approximate Time Required to Complete Project: Wrap: approximately 8-10 hours; Scarf: approximately 5-6 hours. Possibly less.

Deadline: Would like to have testing completed by June 15th.

Tester Experience: Would prefer tester to have at least minimal experience testing a written pattern, but it is not vital. Testers must be familiar with basic crochet terminology as established by yarnstandards.com and be comfortable with reading a written pattern.

Tester Responsibilities: I need testers to check for any typos and/or mistakes, double check stitch counts, and offer advice and/or suggestions regarding skill level and readability (is pattern easy to follow, are there any confusing instructions, etc.) of the pattern. I will provide a short questionnaire that will help you answer these questions.

Additional Requirements: Testers must have the ability to send a photo of the finished project to my email address. You are NOT required to post a picture to any public or private forum or website. However, if you choose to do so I ask that you please wait until testing is complete.

Software Requirements: PDF Reader

Compensation: Free PDF copy of final pattern sent to your Ravelry account (preferred) or your email address.

Contact Information: PM me if you are interesting in testing. Please include in your message which pattern you would like to test (scarf or wrap), your email address, and a little information about your pattern reading and testing experience. I will also need you to confirm that you have the ability to provide (privately) a digital picture* to me during and/or upon completion of project, and that you understand and agree to all of the requirements as stated above in this post.

*Picture is for informational purposes only. I will not post publicly or use any photograph in any manner without owner's express permission.

post-19997-13589776272_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to say i like how you incorporated the edging, and the half shells along the edge. Looks like its a very pretty pattern!

Thanks Kathy, It's an idea I've had brewing in my head for a while. I still have to finish up my sample project, but will post a better picture once I'm finished. :hook

Archived