Help for nursing home patients

gail0483

Hi everyone! A few years ago I asked for help and received a few helping hands that I was greatful for. This year the local nursing home in Emporia VA has expanded to house more patients. Upon meeting people there I was kinda shocked of how cool it was and patients trembling.

Im asking for any kind of help from anyone willing to help make afghans for these patients. Any help will be greatfully appreciated. Thank you in advance.:hook

My address is:

Gail Woodruff

3190 Sussex Drive Apt 118

Emporia, VA 23847

Hi Gail - I understand where you are coming from. My Mom was briefly in a nursing home last year before she passed away and as it was my first experience inside a nursing home, it was truly an unforgetable experience. It was amazing how some of the patients were treated, and this place was supposed to be an upscale home!!!

I recently posted here in Crochetville asking for patterns for simple over the shoulder shawl/wrap for wheel chair bound and nursing home patients and a few people posted some wonderful ideas. You can probably find my post here somewhere.

I am almost finished with a project at this time and afterwards I was planning on making one of the shawls/wraps. It will take me a little time to figure out the pattern & create it as I have not made one before, but if it comes out good I would be happy to send it to you. Will keep you posted.

ps:I noticed you were in Virginia, I am in Northern Virginia. Being originally from NY I have no idea where Jarrett is. lol

Hi there, Gail,

Do you have specifics as to size, colors, etc. of blankets? Also, do you need other stuff too, like walker totes, shawls, slippers. etc.? Does the home take care of both men and women? Do you have deadlines in mind?

Thanks for thinking of our wisest citizens and their needs. A little bit of warmth and comfort is always appreciated.

I can use anything, these people have nothing to keep them warm especially the ones in wheel chairs and their legs feel frozen. Any type of help in appreciated. Oh, there are men and women in there.

Thank you all for responding.

One lady sent her scrap yarn and some squares she made, I had gotten all kinds of yarn, no limit for the help anyone wants to contribute

Archived