Can you help me identify this yarn?

shedotcom

Mom gave me her yarn (and Grandma's). There is several skeins of this yarn that looks like it came from a kit. There are 4 cream, 3 medium browns, and 2 dark brown and 2 coral. I would love to make an afghan with it, but don't want to get started and run out of any one color. LOL

This is a sport weight yarn, much like the Red Heart Super Sport. But the skeins are much bigger than the sport balls that you see today in the stores. Anyone fathom a guess as to yardage of these skeins?

Thanks in advance for any help with this. ;)

post-57272-135897750426_thumb.jpg

If you can't find out anything about these skeins, take them to your local Post Office and ask to have the skeins weighed. If a few of them come up approx the same, they are probably full skeins. This way, you can use the weight to check yardage on-line.

The Postal People here are very nice and will weigh anything for us if we explain why we need to know.

If you can't find out anything about these skeins, take them to your local Post Office and ask to have the skeins weighed. If a few of them come up approx the same, they are probably full skeins. This way, you can use the weight to check yardage on-line.

The Postal People here are very nice and will weigh anything for us if we explain why we need to know.

Well now isn't that genius? Thank you so much for the suggestion, I would have never thought about that! Your awesome! :clap:cheer

I would check out Mary Maxim and Herrschners web sites. They sell afghan kits. I know that my Mother and Grandmother bought from them all the time years ago. They have their own brand of yarn and you might be able to match yours up to one of theirs!

I would check out Mary Maxim and Herrschners web sites. They sell afghan kits. I know that my Mother and Grandmother bought from them all the time years ago. They have their own brand of yarn and you might be able to match yours up to one of theirs!

You all are a god send. Its Herrscheners Afghan Acrylic Yarn. 2oz 2 ply 220 yds each skein. :hug Thank you all for the help! I'm so happy to have figured it out. LOL Could not have done it without you guys!

Archived