Prym Hooks

I've been thinking about investing in another set of Tulip Etimo hooks , in the larger size, for a while, I have a set of the smaller steel ones and really like them, but am driving myself crazy keeping track of them. I have a bad habit of keeping my hooks with my project, it ends up in a bag somewhere and the hook and it's little protector point cover never seem to make it back into that little fancy case. It's annoys me to see 4 or 5 empty slots (missing hooks), knowing they are stuffed in a bag somewhere, especiall when I think about what I paid for that set.

A couple of weeks ago, I found a similar looking hook, these Prym hooks on the Mary Maxim site. At the price of $1.99 each, I decided I'd order them all, one of each. I googled them and found a wide range of prices, Mary Maxim seemed to be the cheapest. Their Prym steel hooks are only $1.79 each, I didn't get these yet, but plan to.

I love them! They have a semi soft handle, it fits my hand nicely. The hook is the same shape as Boye, comfortable to work with and a great value. I usually use my Clover hooks, but they are expensive to be stashed away with a WIP, too. I looked in the Maxim catalog, and their hooks for the same price don't show a photo so I'm not sure if this is their standard hook they sell.

Just thought maybe if any of you are putting in an order to MM, you might want to add a few hooks to your order. I think they are pretty nice for the price.

I want to clarify I don't work for Mary Maxim, tho I sound like I do! I'm just so happy with my Marcelle afghan and now these wonderful Prym hooks, they have a returning customer.:jumpyay

It doesn't take much to use a stitch holder instead of leaving your hook with your work.

You can even use a safety pin and some of those numbered beads or even just a scrap of paper with the hook number pinned to the work. This way hooks stay out in the open or in their case and don't get lost.

Also there is one that can be made that is circular and made from scraps in about an hour, it stands up and you just stick your hook into it anywhere, until you have the time to put it in it's own right case.

This is a pic of one I made...

post-14620-1358977489_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897748902_thumb.jpg

Wow Carol, I love your hook holder. What a brilliant idea! :idea

It doesn't take much to use a stitch holder instead of leaving your hook with your work.

You can even use a safety pin and some of those numbered beads or even just a scrap of paper with the hook number pinned to the work. This way hooks stay out in the open oowr in their case and don't get lost.

Also there is one that can be made that is circular and made from scraps in about an hour, it stands up and you just stick your hook into it anywhere, until you have the time to put it in it's own right case.

This is a pic of one I made...

[ATTACH]53797[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]53798[/ATTACH]

Wow Carol, I love your hook holder. What a brilliant idea! :idea

Thanks Jolena

Can't claim credit as I have since seen others done in similar way on line. I just did it in different stitches and didn't connect it same way.

I gave mine away in one of my giveaways.

Happy, thanks for this great idea! I love the idea of using a hook holder like this, it's just what I need to keep the handful of hooks I'm working with nearby and not 'lost'. I'm going to make one for myself tonight!

Thanks!

Thank you for sharing how you like the hooks. Next time I place a MM order (not for a long time I think, lol) I will add one to try :)

I keep my hooks (the ones I use most) darning needles, notions etc in a plastic case meant for beading. It keeps it all organized for me and I just transfer it to whatever bag I'm working on or set it on the table next to my spot on the couch. It's not pretty but very functional and it keeps little hands for losing my things.

post-22492-135897748986_thumb.jpg

Archived