Fun Spring/Summer items?

Hi everyone!! It's been a while since I got on here and posted. I have been so busy. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying Spring! So glad it's finally here. As some of you may know, I sell newborn photo props and I have been working on expanding my line to include items that teens and adults can use/wear as well. I have been working on slouchy hats and newsboy hats. Are there any others hats that are really in right now?

Also aside from that, what other types of items are fun for the season that actually sell? I keep fiddling around with this and that but need to focus my mind a little.

From my browsing I still see a lot of the basic beanie and rolled brim hats. What I am seeing more of is wide brimmed hats to protect from summer sun, and not just made from basic cotton. They are being crocheted with rafia, straw and even paper, making them light weight and they hold their shape better. Another style is the long beanie (what we used to call stocking caps). And as always the ones decorated with crocheted flowers are still going strong, but there are ones with feathers, bangles and other such decorations. Also consider going with the decorated clip or comb instead of a hat. Really coming to be a very IN style...

For sales, all of the above should work. I think that really depends on where you live and the general environment as well as weather that can be a big contributor and indication of what is popular.

Thanks for your reply! I can imagine the large sun hats would be a big seller. Especially for women who live near the beach or have access to lounge at the pool, or ones who are simply going on vacation or wanna be stylish!

I'm trying to come up with different types of slouchy hats. Those are so cute and I enjoy making them.

So when you say a hair comb or clip, you simply mean just decorating that as an accessory? That could be super cute.

I'm really looking forward to the warm weather and trying to find cute things to go with it.

They are called Fascinator hats, but are really just clips or combs with very artistic decorations. Put Fascinator (or hair decorations) in your search bar and it should come up with tons of pics of the commercially made ones. Some hang, some poof out and some sit smooth to the head. They are pretty and there is no reason why you couldn't design crocheted items in that area..

They are called Fascinator hats, but are really just clips or combs with very artistic decorations. Put Fascinator (or hair decorations) in your search bar and it should come up with tons of pics of the commercially made ones. Some hang, some poof out and some sit smooth to the head. They are pretty and there is no reason why you couldn't design crocheted items in that area..

I am so wanting to do this for my dolls but it is a challenge when you can't use finer yarns.

They would seem to be the perfect thing for the crochet medium.:c9

Archived