Man, I could cry ...

All week, I've been waiting for a payment for a project I'm doing to arrive. It got here yesterday, so the plan was to go to the bank, cash the MO, and then go yarn hunting.

Well. It's RAINING.:rain Not even just raining, but pouring. :help I'm hearing that it's beginning of the band of weather from Ophelia. :cry I'm not brave enough to go out in this weather, with two little kids - my littlest has a cold, too - and risk getting some nice, new yarn wet.

I have been so good recently about buying yarn - it's depressing to have been planning this for over a week and be thwarted! :lol

(This is mainly tongue in cheek - I AM indeed disappointed, but the weather is supposed to clear up - hopefully today, if not I'll go tomorrow, althought it's still supposed to be cloudy/rainy. It's just a bummer.)

I'm going to go treat myself to a cup of tea! It's the perfect weather for that, anyway!!

:kettle

Living in Florida, when we braved the Hurricanes last year (3 of them in a row!) I made sure I had PLENTY of supplies to keep me busy! I didn't know how to crochet at the time, but I managed to complete 5 plastic canvas projects in the 14 days we were without power! Without that to do, I would have gone crazy for sure!

I hope you get your yarn soon! There's nothing more relaxing then sitting at home with a nice cup of tea, listening to the rain outside while crocheting!

I am sitting here crocheting with my cup of tea! And it is actually quite pleasant! LOLOL! I just really wanted to go get new yarn.

Every time I think, Okay, it's finally letting up, all of a sudden I hear it pounding on the skylights again. What's a girl to do?? :think

Archived