Web Site Wish

I wish there was a web site that you could search the patterns by yarn, weight and/or and yardage/ounces. I have various yarn in different amounts and I have NO idea what to make with it.

For instance, I picked up three balls of Lion Brand Magic Stripes yarn from Tuesday Morning. Besides socks, what else can I make with it? And what can I make with just two balls?

I would PAY for access to a website like this. Rachel, if you ever do this with your Crochet Pattern Central website, I'd be willing to pay a monthly subscription for this kind of search/sort function!

:manyheart:manyheart`

I've been asked to do this. I honestly wish I could. But it's impossible. I simply don't have the time to go through 8000 links finding the yardage (half of the time it's not mentioned!)

I already spend (on average) 2 1/2 ++ hours per day on CPC and KPC and I eat bandwidth like you wouldn't believe. CPC and KPC will always be free services and I'm trying hard to not even resort to Google ads. I do have a deal with Stitch Diva which benefits both of us. I love doing it, but I just can't do yardages at the moment. Sorry. :hug

For instance, I picked up three balls of Lion Brand Magic Stripes yarn from Tuesday Morning. Besides socks, what else can I make with it? And what can I make with just two balls?

Knitters Review has a set of forums where you can ask questions like this. Maybe we should ask for a similar set of forums here. Basically, it's "What can I knit with..." and then there's a category for various yardages. You can post a message asking folks for ideas on what to make out of various yardages of specific yarns. Just an idea... :idea:badidea

There is a link at lion brand yarns that lists all of thier yarns. You click on a type of yarn and it will list the patterns that uses that yarn. I would assume (I know shouldn't do that) that other companies have a similar function as well. It also lists the care instructions, colors, type of yarn (sport, ww, ect.) and the amount of yarn per ball.

http://www.lionbrand.com/content-yarns.html

Hope that helps

Elizabeth

I sometimes sit and stare at yarn and wonder what on earth I can make with just one/two balls of this or that too. I haven't found a perfect solution yet lol.

Here is a yarn standards chart that gives some assistance, it helps if you're good with math and stuff (I'm not but I can work it out eventually) you can use the guage info and however many inches you want the project to be and figure it out.... not much help I know lol.

Archived