Heartbroken! Color Fastness :(

I :crocheting a lovely bathpuff today in a brightly varigated cotton yarn :yarn. When I went to use it in the shower tonight it started releasing copius amounts of blue/ green die. I was heartbroken :(. I soaked it in cold water when I got out, which re-brightened the colors some.(little color seemed to be lost surprisingly). Is there anything I can do to stop the die from running so it can be used in the shower? Or is it a lost cause?

I would try soaking it in the vinegar water mix and then run it thru the washer and dryer. See how much of the dye is really going to come out.

I make my washcloths and bath stuff in white. i like to bleach my bath stuff and colored things always end up white anyway.

Its been years since college art class but I do remember using a salt water solution to "fix" the color in dyed materials. I would soak it in the salt solution and then rinse it out really, really well.

I've heard of both salt and vinegar to set dyes. I hate to say it, but sometimes these dyes continue to release long after you would have thought they no longer could. I made a dark-colored dishcloth which never quit giving off red. :eek

Archived