Fishnets?

AidanM

Question

6 answers to this question

So, in a hypothetical world where I have a buttloads of money to spend, what kind of stitch pattern would be best for fishnets? I think I'd make a solid toe, too. I've heard that when toes get stuck outside of fishnets, it tends to cut down on circulation.

I think any net pattern or lace pattern would work. For simplicity's sake, you could just go with a plain trellis stitch, which is basically something like sc, then chain 5, sk 5 sts, sc down, with the scs on the next row being in the 3rd ch of the ch-5 space. It's hard to explain. Here's a link to lattice stitch, which seems to pretty much be the same thing. You could also do a lover's knot. This page: The Parlor: Lace Crochet has several lace stitches. Another thought is the butterfly stitch, but it's fairly complicated. Here's something called Open Lacey Stitch, which looks nice. You actually come up with quite a few sites just by Googling "crochet stitches."

As for the money issue...Generally speaking, when you are making clothing for adults you're not going to save any money by crocheting it yourself, unless you're comparing it to couture. I think your impetus has to be purely creative.

As for the money issue...Generally speaking, when you are making clothing for adults you're not going to save any money by crocheting it yourself, unless you're comparing it to couture. I think your impetus has to be purely creative.

Exxxactly! Besides, if I'm in love with it enough I might just go and buy that super-duper expensive yarn.

Archived