NYC - Knit out 2005

PLCdesigns

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo... are we all going to wear something to identify ourselves as crochetville people? also anyone want to get together for dinner???? We could meet up somewhere. I would love to meet my fellow crochetvillers in person.

oops! well, i went and it's all over now.

some people w/ camera interviewed me cuz i finished my pineapple shawl. it was a big hit. i also wore my 'hookers have more fun' shirt. :) they got a kick out of it.

apparently consumers will not see the video, it's made for the craftyarn council and will be sent to manufacturers.

just had a crazy week and was unable to look at the forum as often. hopefully if another event like this comes around, we can all get together!

I went to the event today-

I was disappointed-very crowded and not enough give aways-

I did though enjoy the concrt I went to at Corpus Christi Church-121 Street off of Broadway

(Music before 1800)

Joanne

i disagree.

i think it is great that it was very crowded-- it means lots of people came out to see what it was about and to show interest.

i do feel they could have given ....more? different? giveaways. maybe even sold some stuff? maybe new products?

more contests?

i do like the fact that they held it in union square. it's one of my favorite places. pretty good space for it.

anyone else have comments?

Well this was the first one I went to. But I loved it!! :manyheart I was disapointed they werent selling things there but I still loved it. As a matter of fact my friend was supposed to go with me and had to cancel at the last minute. So my son was nice enough to volunteer to go with me, hubby didnt want me to go alone and couldnt go. My son is 18 and a rock musician/student. He was great though even helping me get some of the free stuff. He was a bit surprised that his but got grabbed quite a few times:eek LOL! It was super crowded but that is good.. lots of knitters/crocheters!:clap I found out about a few things and found a few new yarn stores I must get back to see. :hyper

But the highlight of my day was meeting Lilly Chin!!:yay She even signed her new book for me.. After I ran across to B&N to get a copy! What a nice lady. And she gave me a tip on getting the beads on the yarn! She was really very nice and answered everyones questions. I alson fell in love with the crocheted and knitted socks books, the author is terrific! She was very nice and explained a few things for me. Plus she did all the math for the knitted socks and just printed the patterns in a nice pretty book! :cheer

So all in all I got to spend quality time with my son and get to the city which I love! And I got to go to the knit out, last year I broke my ankle and couldnt go!:( There was some really neat stuff there!!

Archived