First day!

aw, i would think she would be thrilled to pass this on to you, patience is a virtue, for sure... But to me, the joy of spending time with you, and passing on a skill or an art, would far out run the frustration. I taught my brother years ago and that was a challenge, but I never gave up, and neither did he....try y our mom again, mabye she was simply having a bad day?

There are lots of video tutorials available through Crochetville, too: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=368

There is a list of them, and Amy & Donna have gone through each video to make sure that it's good, clear, instructive, and doesn't have an ulterior motive. *These* videos would be the best place to start! :)

DCM

My mother didnt crochet, she did knitting....which she never taught me! LOL I learned to crochet from another mom in my 4-H group back in the 80's, and she had a group of us....can't imagine teaching a bunch of 10 yr olds how to crochet, lol.

I have been trying to teach a friend how to crochet sporadically (she lives a couple hours away), and after I showed her some basics in person, I referred her to YouTube videos as well....I have a relative amount of patience, but the short time we would have together when she would visit didnt allow for a whole lot of repeating myself! ROFL!

Joy

Archived