Now I'm Ready

Granny Faye

I've been telling my husband that I wanted a drop spindle for awhile now.

This week-end we went to Jarrell Plantation for their Folklife Celebration. While we were there they had women spinning, knitting, weaving.... My wonderful hubby got lots of pictures. We went to Michaels and got the supplies, went home and he made me 2 drop spindles. I then brushed my cocker spanial and spun his hair.

OMG!!! It was so much fun and the spindles worked great! Now I'm on the hunt for rovings :clap

I also found a set of cotton cards at a flea market for $20.00 :cheer Is that what they're called?

I feel a new addiction coming on :c9

Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of spinning. You are right, it's addiciting. Wait til you have all this roving then decide you want a whole fleece, then you need the drum carder...then like my SIL you decide you need the Alpacas (she just got two pregnant ones and I can't wait to spin their fiber NEXT fall :( )

I already want an alpaca or two but I don't have anyplace to keep them except maybe the basement :eek:eek:eek

I can hardly wait to get some rovings and am thinking about spinning lint from the :wash for practice :think

I am constantly watching :ebay and even my husband is on the look out for :2sheep or anything :fluffy.

He came home last night and called the dog. Seems he thought that I may have shaved him :devil ( I didn't ). My dear darling daughter is brushing the beegeebers out of their white german shepard. No animal is safe from the Crazy Spinning Lady!

NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS POST!:wink

hehe my neighbor has a siberian husky and I'm collecting her fur, but even as much as she sheds it'll be ages before I have enough to do anything with!

I don't know what size town you live in, but if you have any knitting shops in the area, call them, sometimes they carry rovings. Otherwise, continue to haunt ebay, that's where I find most of my rovings. There are plenty of ebay stores that sell it =)

I have alot of rovings, for $2.00 per oz if any one is interested email me and I will get a colorway you like. They do spin better than dryer lint!

I got some beautiful alpaca/silk at the festival, it is soooo soft.

Deb

Thanks Deb. I have 13 ozs of wool roving on the way. I'm going to try my hand at that.

I will keep you in mind and will be e-mailing you later. I wish that I had known before I ordered the other as I would prefer to support a fellow Crochetviller first.

Do you sell on e-bay?

Hugs, Faye

I am still recouperating from my trip to Missouri, but plan to have some rovings up on ebay soon!

dudleyspinner@yahoo.com email me if you have a colorway in mind and I will try to find something in that vein to list. I LOVE color! And spinning!

Deb

Deb, I've got you saved in my favorites and will be watching your e-bay site.:clap

I've also added your blog link to my blog.

I love all colors and don't really have a favorite. My favorite is what ever I'm working with at the moment :D

Archived