Crocheting and Fabric Trim

buggaboosmommy

Question

Hello! I just found out one of my brother's is going to be a daddy :cheer He's a huge TN Volunteer fan, so I thought of making an orange and white crocheted afghan with a huge T in the middle. Then using some TN fabric to add a backing and trim. I have never tried this before, so I was hoping ya'll could offer some "tips" on attaching the fabric.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Donna

1 answer to this question

donna when i made my kids afghans 2 years ago(was a tweety and taz) i lined them on the back with fleece. all i had to do was measure the fleece with the afghan once it is done, or whatever kind of material you are using. then just do a whip stitch with matching thread color(sewing thread) so when the back and front is stitched you won't have anything showing. also what i did was every so many feet i tied it off like it was a quilt with it was really. here is a picture of my dd and hers. you can see what i mean the addy is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/vickicoast/124_2435.jpg go there and you can see what i mean. i hand sewed the back on and of course my kids loved them they were amazed that i could keep it a secret from the both:devil :devil if ya need more help let me know and i will try and explain it better, hugggs:manyheart :manyheart

Archived