So glad to be back

I have been away for 8 months. Like so many other people these days we ran into some financial difficulties, and many non essential things had to go. Unfortunately, one of them was the internet.

We are better situated now, and our bills are caught up I am glad to say, so the internet is back ON!. I am so very glad. I have missed this place so much. It feels like I have come home after a very long unpleasant journey.

I did spend my time crocheting, and now have many items to use in a sale this fall. My question is:How do I price these items? I have no idea. Most of the yarn was given to me or I found at thrift stores or garage sales so the cost to make things is negligible.

Please help.

Thanks,

Trudy

Glad you are back. It's hard when we have to go without our Crochetville fix. I have an idea of how you could calculate a price for your crocheted items. The usually formula is 3 to 4 times the cost of the yarn for the project. Even though most of the yarn you used was either given to you or bought from thrift stores, I think you should base your prices on the current retail price for a skein of yarn similar in type to the yarn you used. You might not want to go with 3 to 4 times the cost of the yarn for your prices. Instead you might go with 2 or 3 times the cost. By doing it this way you should be able to make enough to buy more yarn. Even if you buy your replacement yarns from a thrift store or from a yard sale. Hope this helps.

Welcome back to the 'ville! It's nice to hear an uplifting story like yours and to have a member return. I'm glad to hear that things are better for you.

I am not sure about your sale and how to price the pieces. I'm sure one of the business savy members will offer some advice soon. Take care!

Archived