One way to help H.K. victims.

Sabra

Lackland AFB in San Antonio is housing 31 at-term pregnant women who were evacuated from Keesler AFB in Mississippi. They will be at Lackland at least until they give birth--and I've had word that base housing at Keesler has pretty much been destroyed, so they'll probably be there long beyond that. They welcome donations of goods (I know a lot of us can send things but not really afford to send money). Anything a newborn needs, anything a new mama needs, they can use.

Here's the address:

Lackland Family Support Center

2160 Kenly Dr Bldg 1249

Lackland AFB, TX 78236

(210) 671 - 3722 or (210) 671 - 2216

Another great story of how our military pulls together to help our own :) Thanks for sharing...although I already knew about this, lol. The Veterans from the home in MS were also evacuated to Lackland...maybe they could use slippers?

Donna

Well, heck, now they're saying they don't need anything. Not for Katrina victims, at least, though being the Family Support Center, there's an ongoing need for baby stuff. So if you've not sent off yet but were planning too, it's probably better to find another destination. I'm sorry to have posted this when the need I was originally told about (Twice! Twice I was told they welcomed what could be sent!) apparently doesn't exist after all. :(

I'm going to close this thread since donations aren't being accepted at this time. Sabra, if you find out that changes let me or one of the other admins know and we can open it back up. I just want to save confusion if someone is looking to donate and only read the first post. :U

Archived