I Need Your Advise Please

Hello Everyone,

I was thinking about starting a crochet circle at my church but I'm a beginner and feel funny asking others to join me. I'm also new at the church because I'm new to the area. Also, I have never orginized anything like this before and am really nervous to try and possibly fail.

Do you think this is a good idea? Or am I getting ahead of myself?

Please help me I love to crochet and would love more ways to fellowship and bring others to Christ, but I'm scared.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

As long as you are committed to continue membership in this church and continue to participate actively with the crochet circle, I don't see anything wrong with stepping up and organizing a group. But you might want to consider.....

Is there another group that you could maybe start this idea "within" and see how it goes? Like a ladies group, a prayer shawl ministry, or a group that already makes things of some kind? That way you could volunteer to start a crochet project within an existing group. Whether it went over well or not, you could still be a member of the group and it would give you time to see if there is enough interest. If it looks like there is enough interest in the first crochet project or two, THEN you could suggest a separate crochet circle of its own.

Just an idea to sort of ease into the crochet circle idea. But if you feel there is plenty of interest and want to go straight for the crochet circle idea, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Lots of things to consider though, like the size of the church, the level of participation, how many groups similar there might already be.....etc... Good luck with whichever route you choose. I don't think you can ever lose when you combine a hobby with fellowship and praise.

I think Debra Kay has some great ideas about seeing if there is a current group that incorporates crochet. If there isn't starting one would be a good idea. I know at my church in NJ there is a prayer shawl group as well as a group who meets year round to work on items for the annual Holiday Bazaar, which is a major fund raiser for the church.

The first thing to do is to talk to the priest/preacher. Who knows - he may make an announcement and see if anyone is interested.

When I tried to start one everyone was all gung-ho but no one wanted to join or donate yarn. I heard all sorts of excuses but what it came down to was they expected me to be some sort of assembly line and fund it all myself. THAT did not last long.

Archived