I have been wondering if there was such a thing as a sort of swap/secret santa type thing crocheters do.

I have been wanting to make 6 inch squares and send them out to people and have them send me some and make a blanket out of it.

I also know that in this day and age sending your home address to people over the internet isn't exactly safe.

I just think the idea of a blanket made by many different women would be a great treasure to have around the house. With a nice story to go along with it.

there are swaps here on the Ville. there is a whole section for them. I will see if i can find the guidelines to them for you. maybe you have to have Villager status in order to se that section.

I hope this will help. There is a section for swaps here on the 'ville that I'm not familiar with. What it sounds like you want though is the friendship-ghan crochet along. I'm not too familiar with it either, but I think the idea is exactly what you said: everyone posts what kind of squares they want and people can send squares to one another. Look in the crochet along section of the forum and see if that would work for what you need. Good luck on your hunt!

membership level guidelines, you do have to be a Villager to see the swaps--just a few more posts to make :)

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73217

Nox is probably right about the CAL being more what you want, CALs are in the Crochet Activities section.

friendship-ghan ... I knew there had to be a name for it.

I guess I joined this site a while back but forgot about it. Because when I tried to register it reminded me of the fact I joined lol

You were very helpful.....thank you all very much. I will check those links out.

I only wish I knew more family and friends that crocheted to get in on it too.

Archived