Granny Star

Carlinda

I have to say, I looked at all the granny star blankets...they are all unique,all different. One looks more like a star...like the starghan.....I love yours Carlinda, and also saw that you sell the blanket and tote as a set...just sorry that I never look at the "looking for testers" column !!!!!!

Thank you so much cissy. Mine is different from the others that are out there. But it is nice as crocheters to have options to choose from and which one we like best.

Happy crocheting,

Carlinda :hook

To anyone seeing this, Debra Kay had also sent messages to me and another designer with a similar pattern. I have responded to her directly and cleared up the issue with her. There is no copyright issues here. Please feel free to contact me directly at thehookhound@yahoo.com with any questions regarding this matter.

Thank you, Carlinda

Yes and now that I have seen both patterns -- they are much more different than a first glance might make a person think. Obviously as I first guessed -- great minds thinking in the same line of thought but still very original patterns! I am a fan of both these designers as well as many others here. If only I had a tenth of a degree of their talent! But I will just be content to be able to crochet from their designs! :)

I actually came back to delete my post but since there are comments on it, I will leave it and just go forth from here. Hope I worded it in such a way you understood I was not insinuating anything -- and making sure to say how reasonable it is that similar patterns will develop with so many designers out there! I actually stuck up for another designer a while back who happened to come up with a pattern similar to another's. I understood how it could happen then and do now as well. This is a god example of how truly good designers come up with lots of patterns and they are bound to have similar ideas from time to time. In this case the Granny is so common and Round ripples so popular now, it is very EASY to see how several might come up with their own versions.

Those of you who have distinguished yourself in the field of Crochet Design, have really accomplished a great deal. To stand out in a field of thousands is very difficult! But you managed to do it! I only commented as I had just bought the other pattern so recently. I LOVE the way you have designed totes to match! You could carry the afghan in your tote or carry lunch to have on the afghan! Thinking what a lovely park picnic that would make! I will have to put your Granny Ripple Tote next on my "to buy" list! :)

Archived