Vacuuming crocheted rugs?

I am hoping to crochet two fairly good-sized rugs with double-stranded yarn, and I especially love the floor doily kind. My darling had the insight to ask about vacuuming, so I thought I'd poll the experts! Please weigh-in on the daily care of your crocheted rugs! :) TIA! ((((HUGS))))) sandi

I have a couple of small floor doilies--about 20" across (one in the bathroom, one by my bed), made with WW cotton. I also have a small, heart-shaped, one by the kitchen sink (Fabric strips, a gift)...I don't vacuum any of them. I shake them out (onto the floor, if I'm about to vacuum anyway) The yarn ones also machine wash well. (I don't know about the fabric one...it's getting older. I'd probably wash that on the handwash cycle)

HTH

I've made several as well. One is made of terryspun (I think that was the name) and that yarn is not made anymore. It was so hard to work with, BUT made a nice absorbent rug in the bathroom! The other two are double WW yarn and in my children's rooms. I shake them all out first and throw them in the wash and dryer!

I've been rethinking this since with the help of your input. I think I might make two granny circle rugs rather than one big one for easier washing. Then I can make some matching throws for the back of the loveseat! :) (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Archived