Generic Crocheted items to have on hand for gifts???

1) What types of small crocheted items do you keep "on hand" for generic gifts in a pinch? And please list for what purpose these gifts are used (such as birthday, graduation, new baby, marriage, etc.)

2) Also, what types of small crocheted items would be good to give as hostess gifts (for people being hospitable and letting us stay in their homes or having us for dinner, etc.)? I have been making dishcloths but am wondering if there are other items some might like better than a dishcloth?

And of course patterns or links for them would also be appreciated!

Thank you! :manyheart

The only thing I always have on hand is dishcloths and they are knitted, not crocheted, but it's the same principle. Honestly, I think dishcloths are a really nice hostess gift. I was very glad I had several done up a couple of years ago when a preacher and his wife from Italy were visiting at the church we attend. We had them to dinner and I told the wife to choose out enough cloths for the ladies back home at her very small congregation. She was so pleased, and spent several minutes thinking about her friends back home and which colors each might like. It pleased me, too.

If you often get asked to baby showers you might think of baby blankets in either neutral colors or maybe some brights, since today's moms don't necessarily choose pastels like mothers used to. Scarves, also suitably neutral both in color and gender, could be useful. These are larger gifts, assuming you have need for such.

Bookmarks, fobs for keychains, tiny doilies or coaster sets might be nice. Potholders come to mind. Near Christmas, how about some snowflakes?

I'm sure other people will chime in with ideas so I won't stress my poor brain any further. :lol

Hostess gifts: kitchen sets, (towel, dishcloth, potholder or hot mat)

bath sets (pretty washcloths/hand towels and a nice soap or lotion)

longer visits: possibly a throw or afghan that would go with the decor

Graduation: girls-pamper youself set (bath set and some bubble bath or lotion)

guys: bookmarks, ami ball of their favorite spot, hacky sack

Baby: I make babyghans in assorted colors to have on hand, some in brights some in pastels both gender neutral and the traditional pink or blue. Bibs, burp cloths, toys...almost anything a baby could want could be made ahead, even to diaper bags

Wedding presents: afghans, hand towels, kitchen or bath sets

Archived