New Crochet Master Class

chillrr

Anyone purchase the Crochet Master Class yet? I was wandering around on Sunday, pampering myself, it was Mother's Day after all, and I stumbled across the book and decided to buy it, then spent the rest of the day drooling over all of the projects and techniques.

Several of them I have already played with, but there are several that I really want to try out...and just might have to wait until after we move, as most of my stuff is already packed away and in storage :(

Anyone else?

Do you mean the book by Jean Leinhauser & Rita Weiss? I purchased a copy for myself as a "welcome back to crochet!" gift when I re-entered the crochet world recently after a very long exile due to hand problems.

The field has transformed itself since the early to mid '90s. Some of the techniques in this book I never heard of previously; others have been expanded enormously (e.g., hairpin lace) from what they were in earlier years. Yet others have been saved for the future by intrepid women of destiny like Maire Treanor with Irish Crochet and Tatyana Mirer with Bruges Tape Lace.

I'm sorry I had to miss so much, but I'm pleased that crochet has developed so robustly while I was on my enforced hiatus. I developed a new skill--quilting--so it wasn't all bad, either!

DCM

I recently purchased this book, and I love it! I could not believe the amazing doily - the blending of the colors is breathtaking! This book is a wonderful "someday..." book to read through, especially after a long day. They made some of the more challenging techniques seem approachable as well, which was nice.

I give it "two hooks up" :hook :hook

Archived