Did you donate to the 2010 NICU drive?

I have a co-worker whose niece, only a few months old, had to go to Oakland Children's Hospital and spend time in the NICU. My co-worker doesn't know the whole story (the neice is better now, but she doesn't see the family much), but the baby received one of the afghans that was donated last year!

She is going to try to find out more when she can about the afghan, when they got it, etc. But, I thought you'd all like to know!

Plus, my co-worker has a friend who has a baby there now with heart trouble, I imagine the baby has gotten an afghan, but I have no confirmation of that.

I think it's absolutely wonderful that as you sit there crocheting, what you are doing is bringing hope and warmth and love to a baby and their family that you don't even know.

Thank you to all of you who have ever donated to my drive, or any of the charity drives here on the Ville. You do more good than you realize - and I am greatful for all of you. :hug

She told me she will try to get the mom to email her a pic of the baby with her afghan - if she does, I'll post it for you all to see. Then, we can see exactly WHO it was that blessed this little one!

every year I donate to our local NICU unit in honor of my son who is now 30! he spent his first weeks of life there.

This year I am making booties with the heel out of them. such a great idea since hte preemies constantly have to have a heel prick for blood gases....

Archived