The Simple Chicky (4 images)

champygirl

I wanted to come up with another little stuffy especially with easter coming since its been a while. So I decided to do a little chick to go with my old simple bunny pattern.

Please send me a pm if you find any errors.

Enjoy!! :hook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Simple Chicky
post-11825-13589764189_thumb.jpg
Copyright to champygirl March 23, 2011

Materials:

Worsted Weight yarn in yellow and small amounts of black and orange
Size E hook (3.50mm)
Stitch Marker
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)
Poly-fil

Finish Size: About 2”h x 1 ¼”w x 2”long inches

Notes:

Chick is crocheted in a continuous spiral, do not join.

Mark first st of each Rnd with stitch marker, moving stitch marker up as you go along.

Different Stitches:

Back Bump of Chain: See Diagram:

post-11825-135897641895_thumb.jpg

Note: I worked in the Back Bump because I liked how it looked, if you have any problems working into just the Back Bump you can just work into the chain as you usually do. This is just a preference for me.

Picot: Ch2, sl st in 2nd chain from hook.

Sc Decrease next 2 sts together: [insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop] Do this 2 times, yarn over and pull thru all 3 loops on hook.

Directions:

Beak: Measure out and cut a 4” inch (or longer) strand of Orange yarn. Follow knot diagram and then set aside.

Diagram:

post-11825-135897641893_thumb.jpg

Body:

Rnd 1: With yellow ch2 leaving a tail, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook crochet over tail.
(6sc)

Pull tail taut to close hole from starting.

Rnd 2: 2 sc in each of the next 6 sts.
(12sc)

Rnd 3: 1 sc in each of the next 12 sts.
(12sc)

Rnd 4: 1 sc in each of the next 12 sts.
(12sc)

Rnd 5: Ch4, 1 sc in back bump of 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in back bump of each of the next 2 chains, 1 sc in each of the next 12 sts.
(15sc)

Rnd 6: 1 sc in each of the next 3 free loops (from work into starting chain), 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, sl st in front loop only of next st, ch2, 1 dc in same front loop, picot, 1 dc in front loop only of next st, ch2, sl st in same front loop, 1 sc in each of the next each of the next 6 sts, sl st in front loop only of next st, ch2, 1 dc in same front loop, picot, 1 dc in front loop only of next st, ch2, sl st in same front loop, 1 sc in next st.
(14sc, 2 wings)

Rnd 7: 1 sc in each of the next 7 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 2 back loops (left free from working some of the stitches in front loops only), 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 2 back loops (left free from working some of the stitches in front loops only), 1 sc in next st.
(18sc)

Rnd 8: 1 sc in each of the next 18 sts.
(18sc)

Rnd 9: 1 sc in each of the next 18 sts.
(18sc)

With Black embroider eyes on Rnd 4 to the front of the chick. Attatch beak to Rnd 5 between the eyes.

Rnd 10: [1 sc in next st, sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 6 times.
(12sc)

Stuff Chick with poly-fil.

Rnd 11: [Sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 6 times.
(6sc)

Fasten off leaving a tail.

Weave tail in and out of stitches on Rnd 11, pull tail taut to close hole, finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl March 23, 2011. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

post-11825-135897641875_thumb.jpg

Archived