Heartlings (4 images)

champygirl

Decided to make little crochet hearts for my niece's and nephew's class for Valentine's day. I have 30 done so far but have quite a bit more of them to make. I'll try to get a pic of them up when I can. I typed the pattern up from memory so please send me a pm if you find any errors.

Enjoy!!! :hook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heartlings

post-11825-135897624624_thumb.jpg
(A pattern for little stuffed hearts)

post-11825-135897624629_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl January 26, 2011

Materials:

Worsted Weight yarn
Size E hook (3.50mm)
2 Black Poney Beads (For Eyes)
Poly-fil
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Finish Size: About2 ¼”h x 2 ¼”w inches x 1” inch thick

Different Stitches:

Back Bump of Chain: See Diagram:

post-11825-135897620579_thumb.jpg

On Rnd 2 the 2 loops left free (of each chain) count as one stitch. You work into it by inserting the hook under both loops like you would be for a single crochet (sc).

Sc Decrease next 2 sts together: [insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop] Do this 2 times, yarn over and pull thru all 3 loops on hook.

Beaded Sc: Insert hook in specified st, yarn over, pull up a loop, take this loop off hook, slide bead onto loop, then insert hook back into loop, yarn over and pull thru both loops on hook.

Directions:

Back:

Rnd 1: Leaving a tail ch2, 3 sc in 2nd chain from hook crocheting over tail, join with sl st to first sc.
(3 sc)

Pull tail taut to close hole from starting.

Rnd 2: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, ch4, 1 sc in back bump of 3rd chain from hook (by skipping the 2nd chain from hook this creates a chain space), 1 sc in back bump of next chain, 1 sc in same st as first sc, 1 sc in next st, ch4, 1 sc in back bump of 3rd chain from hook (by skipping the 2nd chain from hook this creates a chain space), 1 sc in back bump of next chain, 1 sc in same st, 3 sc in next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(11sc, 2 chain spaces)

Rnd 3: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 3 sc in next chain space, 1 sc in next st, sc decrease next 2 sts together, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in next st, 3 sc in next chain space, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, 3 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(21 sc)

Rnd 4: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, 3 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, sc decrease next 2 sts together, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 2 sc in next st, 3 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, 3 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(29sc)

Finish off.

Front:

Rnd 1: Leaving a tail ch2, 3 sc in 2nd chain from hook crocheting over tail, join with sl st to first sc.
(3 sc)

Pull tail taut to close hole from starting.

Rnd 2: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, ch4, 1 sc in back bump of 3rd chain from hook (by skipping the 2nd chain from hook this creates a chain space), 1 sc in back bump of next chain, 1 sc in same st as first sc, 1 sc in next st, ch4, 1 sc in back bump of 3rd chain from hook (by skipping the 2nd chain from hook this creates a chain space), 1 sc in back bump of next chain, 1 sc in same st, 3 sc in next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(11sc, 2 chain spaces)

Rnd 3: Ch1, 1 Beaded sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 3 sc in next chain space, 1 sc in next st, sc decrease next 2 sts together, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in next st, 3 sc in next chain space, 1 sc in each of the next 2sts, Beaded sc in next st, 1 sc in next st, 3 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(21 sc)

Rnd 4: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, 3 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, sc decrease next 2 sts together, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 2 sc in next st, 3 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, 3 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(29sc)

Line up the two hearts together, with the wrong sides facing each other. You’ll join the two hearts together by working sl sts thru both thickness. By inserting your hook into a st on the front heart before inserting hook into coordinating st on back heart, yarn over, pull up a loop, pull that loop thru loop on hook. Join the two hearts together by working sl sts until you get to the point of the hearts, then work (sl st, ch2, sl st) into point of hearts, then stuff and then finish closing the Heartling. Finish off and weave in ends.

post-11825-135897624631_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl January 26, 2011. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived