Need help - urgent- PLEASE!

crochetfun

Question

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8588&highlight=bikini+wrap

I made a wrap like the above post. Unfortunately, it turned out too small (Length is ok though). Would anyone have a good idea how to extend the width and make it look good? I have 24 hours before my daughter leaves for vacation.

Thanks for any help you can give:)

3 answers to this question

You can try doing more of the stitches along the body. Maybe two rows on each side. Then with a sewing machine, straightstitch the ties to the end of the new width. If you extend it too much, it may not look as good. Another thought would be to keep it and give it as a gift to someone and start all over. Measure your daugther's waist so you'll know exactly how wide it should be. Many patterns I come across are great to use as a base but may need some tailoring as everyone's body is a little different. Good luck to her at college. My son is just starting High School in a week. I can't believe Summer is just about over.

Thanks for the suggestion - that is what I tried, but as you said: could not do more than a couple of rows without it turning rather odd-looking. Oh well, I am sure she'll enjoy herself (although without the wrap):)

How about if you'd crochet small panels ( this is hard to describe ) , but small sc sections the same width as the belt/tie that would have a snap on the ends ,so it'd match the rest of the belt, and be sort-of hidden under the tie ? It'd be kinda like just adding small extenders there at the waist where it actually ties .

I don't know if this makes a lick of sense to you , it'd be a lot easier to show you in person . Then she could still tie it like before, only the snap section would actually be where it would join at the waist .

Archived