Help on Charting Crochet using Software

Hi,

I would like to find out any good recommendation of software to help to chart crochet design. Like those drawing patterns that found in crochet magazine? Any ideas what software they used?

Sometimes a picture is better than a thousand words. I'm not very good at writing down the crochet design in words.

Thanks & Regards,

Pearl Lim

Hi,

I would like to find out any good recommendation of software to help to chart crochet design. Like those drawing patterns that found in crochet magazine? Any ideas what software they used?

Sometimes a picture is better than a thousand words. I'm not very good at writing down the crochet design in words.

Thanks & Regards,

Pearl Lim

I know your asking for software, but I would like to say what I use. When making my own graphs I use the graph paper. I too have the pc x-stitch software and sorry to say.....I've never used it......grrrr

• 1 month later...

one of the easiest way is using a beading design program, since it's grid(peyote)

these are my faves, which have grid lines: beader, easy bead, and kgstitch

however with any program you'll need to lessen the colors to 16 to be more manageable if importing a photo or graphic image, but it looses realistic and may appear blocky. so it's best to make it first a drawing/contour or black and white, then convert that image to chart.

you also may want to look at blackwork designs, since they are monochrome

Pearl, are you wanting filet crochet software or the software which would chart non-filet? I, myself, would love a simple program for non-filet things such as doilies. At the moment I am crocheting a written pattern and would kill for a chart, LOL. (Metaphorically speaking, of course.)

Archived