1st Spinning Class

MeSillywoohoo

So for spinning. First they had us practice drafting and then they had us try the stop and drafting method. I HATED it! I cannot do it worth crap. Here's my first yarn from that

dsci0001d.jpg

After realizing how frustrated I was they told me 'Do what feels right to you' And I just let the spindle spin freely and drafted from that. SOOOOOOO much easier! Here's how my second yarn is working out

dsci0006r.jpg

Beautiful first yarns! One of the things I like about spinning is there is no one right and wrong way. Soooo, have you started looking at wheels yet? My favorite wheel is the Kromski Sonata with a WooLee winder.

What fiber do they have you spinning with? It looks like there is mohair in it. Not my choice for a first fiber.

Beautiful first yarns! One of the things I like about spinning is there is no one right and wrong way. Soooo, have you started looking at wheels yet? My favorite wheel is the Kromski Sonata with a WooLee winder.

What fiber do they have you spinning with? It looks like there is mohair in it. Not my choice for a first fiber.

I have been looking at wheels. Unfortunately there is no chance I'll be able to purchase anything over $400 so that limits what I can get. I have a friend who uses a Fricke Double Treadle and highly recommends it

The fiber we are spinning with is shetland from their sheep they have on the farm

So for spinning. First they had us practice drafting and then they had us try the stop and drafting method. I HATED it! I cannot do it worth crap. Here's my first yarn from that

dsci0001d.jpg

It definitely goes to show that every spinner is different, because I love stop and draft! It's about the only way I can get somewhat uniform yarn. My first yarn baby is super super thin in parts and super super thick in others. I'm definitely a work in progress in the spinning department!

Archived