hiding ends, Solomon's Knot

MarvieN

Question

Well I dunno if this should be in the stitch section or not.... but here's the deal. I'm making a poncho using the solomon's knot and I'm wondering how in the heck I'm going to hide the ends! It's so open and lacey I am seeing no way to do this... I'm almost done with my first bal of yarn and soon will have to add the next, plus there's the start and finishing bits to hide..... Anyone ever had to deal with this issue before? How'd you do it?

5 answers to this question

Hmmmm,,,is this the same as a love knot?? I made a shawl out of love knots, i weaved the ends in and around the "knots" made sure they were long and weaved back and forth til it was hidden as much as I could. Some of the ends were on the edge so when i edged it, they got hidden there too.

I made a poncho with this stitch but it was made of two rectangles and I used a single crochet to join the rectangles and that's where I hid the ends. I wish I could help more.

The Russian joining is just what I was going to suggest. It will only add a tiny bit of bulk if you are using fine yarn, just weave through an inch or two.

Thanks ya'll. I left quite long tails when I joined the second ball, so I should be able to weave those with no trouble using Trish's suggestion. I'm doing it in the round so there aren't any edges to hide the ends in. I guess I'll just keep going and see what happens lol.

Thanks again =)

Archived