How to mail ...

crochetlady

hi all,

A quick question.. How do you mail doilies? I don't stiffen them just wash and stretch them to their shapes.. Here in India I can't find any tubular containers to ship so I was wondering what would be the best way to mail a doily without many creases.. Ofcourse I could always ask the receiver to wash and reblock lol:)

hugs

Vims:manyheart

I've never mailed any doilies, but I have received a couple. One was rolled carefully in waxed paper and in a ziplock bag (there was a lot of other things in the box, and plenty of issue paper and newspaper) and another was placed between a couple thin pieces of cardboard.

I've also used the wax paper, but I've also rolled them around paper towel tubes, and when in a pinch, taped multiple toilet tissue tubes together and used them (after reading it in type...the toilet tissue tubes sounds funny....but it worked). Then I've put them in a small box and put tissue or some type of packing filler around them. If it's a large item, your best bet would be just the wax paper with lots of filler in the box...even between the folds of the item if possible.

Another idea if you don't have anything round to roll it around, would be to fold it, but put something bulky (bubble wrap) in between the fold to avoid a crease. Haven't tried this, but I would think it would work as long as you have something 1-2" in between.

• 2 months later...

Archived