Looking for a stitch (sc, dc in same stitch)

Sharbysyd

Question

I'm not sure what this stitch is or if it even is a stitch for sure. I want to use it to make an afghan but not sure how to do the ends and thought I'd see if there's anything out there.

I want to do sc, dc in each sc (skip dc) from previous row. It creates a pretty pattern but I'm not sure how to do the beg/end of row.

Does anyone know this stitch, or know where I can find it? I've searched shell and scallop but didn't find it.

Edited by Sharbysyd
to describe it better

4 answers to this question

I made a sweater with something that sounds like what you're describing, let me find it. Be right back.

Oops, here's the sweater but I forgot about the chain stitch--pretty pattern but not the same. http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Apparel/LW1387+Tee+Top.htm

Now that I think about it, the bubbles baby blanket is what you were describing except it's 1 single, 2 doubles, skip 2 sts. In reading through it, I don't know why you couldnt use it and just ignore the extra dc and skipped stitch.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/patterns/bubbles_baby_blanket.php

Just make a chain a little longer than you want the piece to be, then turn and make the pattern until it is the width you want. Later, unpick the unused chains and weave the end in.

Edited by Granny Square

I know its six years after your post but i hope this can clear things up for the future!!!☺ I ran across this stitch in a vintage pattern. It went... chain length; sc in each chain; ch 1; sc,dc in first sc, skip next sc; do this all the way across. After your last dc (chain 1 turn,) skip dc, (sc,dc in sc,). The chain 1 is how you end the row. And skip dc; sc,dc in next stitch is how you begin and work the row.