Lil Starfish (2 images)

champygirl

I decide to make my nephew's class sea creatures for halloween this year.
I decided to post a pattern for the starfish, because I like how it came out and I thought other people would like to make one too. I've also made a lil octopus and a fish too, so I'll try to get those typed up eventually. ;)

Please send me a pm if you find any errors.

Enjoy!! :hook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lil Starfish

post-11825-135897601159_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl October 11, 2010

Materials:

Worsted Weight Yarn
Size E hook (3.50mm)
2 Poney Beads for Eyes (optional)
Poly-fil (for stuffing)
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Finish Size: About 3”h x 3”w inches

Different Stitches:

Back Bump of Chain: See Diagram:

post-11825-135897583759_thumb.jpg

On Rnd 3 the 2 loops left free (of each chain) count as one stitch. You work into it by inserting the hook under both loops like you would be for a single crochet (sc).

Beaded Sc: Insert hook in specified st, yarn over, pull up a loop, take this loop off hook, slide bead onto loop, then insert hook back into loop, yarn over and pull thru both loops on hook.

Sc Decrease next 2 sts together: [insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop] Do this 2 times, yarn over and pull thru all 3 loops on hook.

Directions:

Back:

Rnd 1: Leaving a tail ch2, 5 sc in 2nd chain from hook crocheting over tail, join with sl st to first sc.
(5 sc)

Pull tail taut to close hole from starting.

Rnd 2: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, ch5, 1 sc in Back Bump of 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in Back Bump of each of the next 3 chains, 1 sc in same st as joining, [*1 sc in next st, ch5, 1 sc in Back Bump of 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in Back Bump of each of the next 3 chains*, 1 sc in same st as joining] Do this 3 times, Repeat From * to * once, insert hook in same st, yarn over, pull up a loop, insert hook in joining sl st of Rnd 1, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over pull thru both loops on hooks, join with sl st to first sc.
(29sc, 1 Sc Decrease) (30sts total)

Rnd 3: Ch1, Sc Decrease same st as joining and next st together, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, Sc Decrease next 2 sts together, [Sc Decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, Sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 4 times, join with sl st to first sc.
(35sc, 10 Sc Decrease) (45sts total).

Finish off.

Front:

Rnd 1: Leaving a tail ch2, 5 sc in 2nd chain from hook crocheting over tail, join with sl st to first sc.
(5 sc)

Pull tail taut to close hole from starting.

Rnd 2: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, ch5, 1 sc in Back Bump of 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in Back Bump of each of the next 3 chains, 1 sc in same st as joining, *1 sc in next st, ch5, 1 sc in Back Bump of 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in Back Bump of each of the next 3 chains, 1 sc in same st*, 1 sc in next st, ch5, 1 sc in Back Bump of 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in Back Bump of each of the next 3 chains, Beaded Sc in same st, Repeat from * to * once, Beaded Sc in next st, ch5, 1 sc in Back Bump of 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in Back Bump of each of the next 3 chains, insert hook in same st, yarn over, pull up a loop, insert hook in joining sl st of Rnd 1, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over pull thru both loops on hooks, join with sl st to first sc.
(27sc, 2 Beaded Sc, 1 Sc Decrease) (30sts total)

Rnd 3: Ch1, Sc Decrease same st as joining and next st together, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, Sc Decrease next 2 sts together, [Sc Decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, Sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 4 times, join with sl st to first sc.
(35sc, 10 Sc Decrease) (45sts total).

Do not finish off!!!

Joining:

With the wrongs sides together join the front and back together with sl sts until you have a small opening. With Poly-fil stuff star (remember to stuff points too). Finish joining star together. Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl October 11, 2010. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived