Trouble joining stitches to make hat

coffeeandcrochet

I am a newbie knitter, in addition to being the worlds sloooowest knitter, I want to graduate from making scarves, to making a hat, I did the stitches on my circular needles, but can't figure out how to join them. Does anyone know of sites that will show me how to do this? Also I'm a lefty if this makes a difference, I just feel like:bang any help would be appreciated

I am a lefty as well, and there are videos on http://www.youtube.com to help in the joining. If you are using circulars when you have the desired number of stitches cast on, you move the stitches so that your first knit stitch will be your first cast on stitch (where your yarn tail is). Place a marker so you will know when you reach that stitch again and you can count your rows by the use of the marker. I know it sounds complicated but it isn't, I am a newbie as well, and I will race you to see who is the sloooowest knitter...good luck!!

Have you found knittinghelp.com yet? She has some great videos, not left-handed but hopefully will help.

An important thing is to make sure your cast-on isn't twisted, that your initial stitches are facing the center of the circle as you make the join.

Youtube is great for learning how to join knitting on a circular needle. And there's a lot of great people out there sharing their own methods. I'm sure one will be the way you want to do it. Good luck

One great thing about knitting on Circulars is that if you want to do Stockingnet stitch, you really just keep knitting around and around. Good luck!

:manyheart

Archived