Seeking Afghan Ideas

RelicRaider

Question

My oldest graduates in three years. I know to some that seems like a long time, but with my health, I have to give myself plenty of time to get this done, plus I want something really special to make for her to mark the occasion.

What I'd like is something that's made in small, manageable pieces, then put together when they're all done, otherwise, I fear it'll get too big and heavy for me. I don't want a normal sized afghan (would like it bigger), or at least one that's size is easily adjusted to something larger.

Any ideas? I'm open to anything at this point. Just want to see what options I can find before deciding on something. I figured here was the best place to ask to see if anyone can come up with something not too difficult to create yet something I hadn't seen/heard of/thought of before. I'm not that great at following patterns (or writing them) but I'm game for anything. Pictures are great as well.

A bit about her. She's a bit of a hard rock/mild goth girl. She loves Jack the Pumpkin King from Nightmare Before Christmas. She's into video games, and she LOVES art. In fact, she's thinking about going to college for some sort of graphics something or other. But she's also interested in insects and criminology.

Thanks,

2 answers to this question

Does she create art? Is there something she's drawn that uses clean lines? Maybe you could recreate the colors in an afghan - and if it is a simple graphic type design, maybe you could even simulate the picture using squares.

You could make her a babette in purple, black, white, red, and gray. They are so beautiful and you don't really need a pattern. I think she'd love it - and before I went back to school for career #2 I was a store manager for Hot Topic so I'm pretty familiar with her demographic! :)

Archived