It's a BOYE! New boye hook and others up for auction in my blog

jimbo

For Boye hook lovers who are frustrated because you don't fine many wooden hooks made in the true Boye hook head style... I just made one in Ironwood. I also have a VERY rare Jimbo size E hook done in a beautiful Rosewood, and a RED Redheart K up for bids.

The hooks are on the auction block in my blog.

And if you drop by, take a look at the Kinder Crochet week contest I have running. Its in the blog entry just below the hooks that are up for bids. I'm giving kido size hooks away to kids learning to crochet.

Love it -- I sent in a staring bid and will try to follow closely! While I was at it, I entered my two beautiful granddaughters in your Kinder Crochet contest. I was thinking how great it would be if we all win and could have matching hooks! Well at least matching in that they are Jimbo originals!

You have some right purty grandkidos there! You've a right to be proud! Say, I have a couple of very handsome grandsons about the same ages....... you don't suppose.........

You have some right purty grandkidos there! You've a right to be proud! Say, I have a couple of very handsome grandsons about the same ages....... you don't suppose.........

hahaha ... they are still a little young for fix-ups. :D But thanks for the offer and the compliments! My 12 year old granddaughter would probably disagree about being too young, but grandma is old fashioned.

Shoot! I forgot to get my next bid in on time! That is my porblem on ebay too -- I forget to follow up on time! Guess I will have to wait for another auction to be a Jimbo Hook Owner! But I did want to thank you so much for the Kinder Crochet Contest! I know my granddaughters will be thrilled! They fly in on July 10th to spend 2 weeks with grandma. I am glad we have planned some crochet time as the beach is closed due to the nasty oil spill. Thanks again -- I think the contest was such a great idea to stir up interest in teaching our youngun's more about crochet! You have a good heart as well as a talent with wood. I am going to get a winning bid in on one of your hooks!

Wow -- What a good mail day I had! As soon as I saw the box I knew, and sure enough return address said Jimbo! Inside were two beautiful "child-size" crochet hooks hand-made from wood! My granddaughters are arriving July 10th. These are going to be a special incentive for them to continue learning crochet skills and maybe start a new project or two while they visit grandma. Jimbo -- thank you so much! This was a wonderful surprise. I will post a pic when the girls are here using your gorgeous hooks! :manyheart

Glad they got there ok, Debra. I'm really looking forward to the pictures. I was hoping to see how the Kinder Crochet hooks work.

Archived