Teaching a friend.

My 17 year old friend wants me to teach him how to crochet.

I learned with the klutz book, so I will probably just use that and give him pointers.

Any advice? :crocheting

Maybe what to have him make first? After the basics of chains and single crochets and stuff.

I'm just starting out, but teaching myself. I've been using a ball of wool (yarn) Sorry I'm from the UK! And I've basically just been practising on that, practising the foundation chain, then stitching onto that, then trying various different stitches, I've got loads of little blue pieces of fabric that I've just crochet'ed. But now I've moved on to some pink wool as I really want to make a blanket for my 3 month old daughter, so I'm doing that in half treble in UK terminology. It's coming on great at the moment ... well, I'm on my first square. I'm sort of going to do it patchwork style I think. I'm not following a pattern, just trying to speed up with the stitching and neatening up the work. What a lovely friend you are to teach him!! :)

We didn't have all that much time, but I taught him a chain and a single crochet. He got the hang of it by the end. He didn't get to make a project, but next time I see him I'll have him try one.

Archived