DK- did they tell you to wear the velcro braces at night? It really did help me a lot before I went in for surgery.

I just read about one horrible surgical outcome but I wanted to share mine too. I had a brain surgeon do my hands. Neuro's work on nerves ya know. My hands are great, my scars are so minimal that it's hard to even see on the left hand. Good luck with this.

My left hand sometimes cramps up from holding the yarn and keeping tension when I crochet. Mostly around the first finger and ring fingers. I take my rings off to crochet and that helps some (for several reasons, 1. my wedding set loves to grab yarn and ruin it and 2. when my ring finger swells from the pain, the ring makes it worse).

My right arm, just below the elbow and along the bone will hurt if I crochet for too long and too many days straight (taking time off for work, sleep, and food of course). I find I have to take a day or two off crocheting and sometimes baby the arm at work as well.

Haven't been on much as I have not been crocheting due to this crazy numbness which progressed to pain! Finally found out what it is after months of doctor visits. They did an EMG and I have ulnar nerve entrapment and will have to hve surgery in the coming new year. Not crazy about that, but I will be so glad to get it fixed and get back to crocheting! I cannot pick anything up, do buttons or anything detailed with my left hand. When I curl my fingers, they become useless. Weird feeling. Just thought I would update the thread to say I know what's wrong now -- just need to get it fixed. (Surgery will be on my elbow, btw)

Merry Christmas to all!

I hope it works for you! Please keep us posted on your progress...Merry Christmas to you too girl...

• 2 weeks later...
Do your fingers ever go numb while crocheting or knitting? If so, what do you do about it?

Sometimes when that happens I take a break and do finger exercises to get the blood flowing. I find when I hold my forearms up and crochet this happens. I do alot of thread crochet and had very bad eyes, so bad I crocheted without my glasses on. Now I have bifocals (which I am not liking) and I am able to see.

Haven't been on much as I have not been crocheting due to this crazy numbness which progressed to pain! Finally found out what it is after months of doctor visits. They did an EMG and I have ulnar nerve entrapment and will have to hve surgery in the coming new year. Not crazy about that, but I will be so glad to get it fixed and get back to crocheting! I cannot pick anything up, do buttons or anything detailed with my left hand. When I curl my fingers, they become useless. Weird feeling. Just thought I would update the thread to say I know what's wrong now -- just need to get it fixed. (Surgery will be on my elbow, btw)

Merry Christmas to all!

Wow, I hope after your surgery you can get back to crocheting. Take it nice and slow. Was the nerve entrapment due to anything?

Archived