good first time pattern ideas?

Hilary

i just ordered a bunch of thread from jacquie, and i love the bookmark idea. ive already got some stuff in my head running around with ideas of projects.:think does anyone have any other good thread patterns that they are willing to share with me? im looking for something functional (bookmark ect.) and something easy enough to understand for a first time thread-crochet-er.

Hi Hilary! You can find bookmark patterns at crochetpatterncentral and look under bookmarks. Eva (Mormonsen) has posted a pattern for her star flower bookmark under Original pattern......it's quite easy and it's beautiful! :-)))))

Hi Hilary,

You can use any pattern for a 1st time thread project. If you normally like making granny/afghan squares, use one of your favourite patterns but with thread instead of yarn. I've made this pattern into coasters:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011224090159/members.aol.com/lffunt/spanish.htm

Once it's done, you'll have made yourself a thread coaster.

Good luck & keep us posted!

well the thread should be in the mail by tuesday, and tmrrw is pay day, so im going to buy the hooks that i will need tmrrw....im thinking about maybe getting some small beads to experiment with.

what size hook should i get for the thread jackie?

• 3 months later...

Archived