Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also find that if I lay the skeins on a table, instead of in a bag or basket, it works out better. That way, every so often, i can "switch" them. that helps with the tangling.

I did HDC instead of DC on mine. I liked it better. it was a little tighter without having to keep the tension too tight, and it worked faster, if that makes sense.

Yes. And I told her that I wear mine, and Daddy wears his. And that we have to be like Dora, "so we can be safe." Today was the first day that I had to pull over on the interstate to buckle her back in. That was pretty scary!

It's been really hard on me, because I've been so over-protective of her. And she's still behind in some things. So it's hard for me to gauge what I should be okay with. Does that make sense? Of course, I always overthink everything anyway, so I'm sure that doesn't help.

OMG! that is scary... I still have to remind my 11 y/o to buckle:blush

I remember telling them that I would go to jail if they weren't buckled, and that they would have to go there with me.

That's so funny, because I just used the jail thing on DD for the first time today. I told her that if she broke the centerpieces on the table at the horse show she'd have to go to jail!

yes, it does make sense. I am overprotective, too... I guess the guage is whether or not they are safe would be #1. It's the beginning of her removing you from your comfort zone. I wish they could stay babies forever, so we could keep them safe. :sigh

I got a lot of mileage out of the jail thing... I even went by the police station one day, so they could see where it was:devil

yes, the pattern is on the 1st post. I saw Joanne posted over there, I think she might be trying one too!

i keep changing my mind... I had big ideas, but the year is quickly slipping away. I am thinking about some comfortpacks maybe. one of the girls in the Christmas CAL shared a pretty cool pattern. you fill it with flax seed or rice, and can add lavender. it's one of those things you can put in the freezer or the microwave. they look pretty quick and easy.

and I would love to make a funkalicious sweater for my cool and stylin' neice/godchild. she is having a breast reduction in the beginning of December, so she will need all new clothes.

do you know anyone who knows how to sew? I suck at sewing, but my oldest DD is pretty good. My mom used to make all my clothes when I was little... the sewing gene must've skipped a generation:rofl

you don't look big enough;) She is so funny... she says this will be her "breast" Christmas ever! :lol

...and yes, I think my mother has a little too much faith in my ability as an elf! :rolleyes:heehee... I really have to stop letting her go through my patterns:lol

I just noticed this is my 1966 post... the year i was born!

I guess I could ask MIL for help. I really need to make a list of who and what. I got to round 10 on my sister's horse today, and then DD frogged it for me. I guess it wasn't good enough! I did something wrong anyway, so I guess it was meant to be.

Archived