Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

I know lots of people hold their yarn around their pinky. I don't hold mine around any fingers- when I try my stitches get wonky. (well wonkier)....but I am so used to just holding the yarn resting on my index finger.

Every time I try and hold the yarn like they show you in videos, I start messing up, so I understand that it is what you get used to. It sounds like it might be because the finger is kept in a bent position. I agree with Vicki try Aleve

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol Shannon - we are all sisters!:wink

I don't know where there's a pic of what I mean, but this is how i do it; Over my pointer, under the middle, over the ring, and under the pinky. Kind of like those toy knitting machines... they used to be called "knit magic" or something like that.

You gotta love Ellsbury and Martinez! :D

No, really I don't:lol

Although I'll admit that DH does like Ellsbury.....

I got a present from Boston DD today- she sent me 200 Crochet tips book, Road Warriers (about the 2007 Giant Championship run) and a book called Three Cups of Tea (about Greg Mortenson and his humanitarian campaign in the Taliban's backyard- He built 55 schools especially for girls . It sounds really good

Great presents, Joanne! That book does sound good. Hey, next week the Giants will be in the Superdome!! I'm excited about that game!

Thanks Vicki, I'll try some Aleve.

Thank you for the advice, LeaAnne. I'll have to try that. Do you know where I can see a picture of someone holding the yarn like that?

I would do a you tube search- how to hold yarn or try this site:

http://www.crochetspot.com/how-to-hold-yarn-in-crochet/

Archived