Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have fun at the wedding tomorrow. I'll be going to a wake- a friend of mine from work- his mother in law passed away on Thursday- She was only 59....only a few years older than me. They have 2 little ones, so this will be hard at this time of year for them!

DH took me to Outback tonight- early dinner-beat the crowds and it was yummers

Wow! that will be cool, having it at the restaurant!

No, no allowance for my not-neat-ness little chickens:lol It was funny, I had to tell them that I had quit after 4 days!:eek

Def. tell your mom about the Chantix:yes... I tried the patch, but had the same reaction as her. I also tried the gum and the lozenges... I didn't like those either.

The Chantix is expensive, but still cheaper than cigarrettes. sometimes the doctor can give you a coupon to get the price down.

I just got gel- its a very light pink/nude- I usually get a french manicure, but I wanted my nails really short, so just went without the french. I like it. Not much done in the crochet dept today- but will tonight.

Oh, and Nutcracker isnt tomorrow- I think it is next Sunday- I was all set for tomorrow and DH says it's not tomorrow (I know he told me it was.lol) Works out well since I'll be going to the wake tomorrow afternoon.

:hi, Joanne!!!!

I missed you!

:ty for the congrats, too! I am tired (and gassy:blush:lol)... still worth it, tho!

DD commented the other day about the gas, and I said very calmly "would you rather I toot, or smoke?" :lol She got the message....

She had breast cancer.

You guys were missed around here- glad that you are ok LeaAnne and that it was just computer issues. I know you weren't feeling well b/4 the bye-bye boobie party!

Shannon-I love the pic of you and DH on FB- he is so handsome (but of course, since you are so pretty)

:rofl You are too funny!! This morning Janna was on the potty and I said, "Oooh, you pooted!" And she says to me, "No, it was gas.":lol She's goofy!

I agree. This is the worst time of year to lose someone. My DH's grandfather passed away on Christmas Day. Before I met him. But it's still hard for him.:(

That is so great that you have quit again. I am still a smoker-although I must say I do cut back in the winter- I don't smoke in my house-so when it is cold outside I rarely go out there- Winter is probably the best time to quit. Even at work- it is just too darn cold to go out for a smoke.

DD is moving back to NJ!! (artist from Philly). She got accepted into grad school at Kean University- masters of education in art program. Only bad thing is that they did away with assistanship's due to budget cuts. But she did get hired or 20 hrs/wk @ 15.00/hr- she is applying for scholarships for next year and financial aid for the spring semester. She'll be moving in with her boyfriend and the plan is to move on Jan 3. I'm happy she is going back to school-and I told her if she takes a job for a few years after she graduates in an inner city school her student loans get paid off. She has mixed feelings since she loves Philly, but who knows, maybe she'll end up back there when she is done.

:yes my neice's boobies went bye-bye, all right! Thank goodness! she was having back and shoulder problems, and was at increased risk of breast cancer cause of her size:eek Funny thing was that I never realized how big shse really was...

Any holiday is hard to lose someone. My mom died on Mother's Day so even though every year Mother's Day isn't on the anniversary of her death, it is always hard. You don't ever forget, but it does get easier. It was 10 years this past May and can't believe my Dad has been gone 5 years! Always in my heart though,

:yes my neice's boobies went bye-bye, all right! Thank goodness! she was having back and shoulder problems, and was at increased risk of breast cancer cause of her size:eek Funny thing was that I never realized how big shse really was...

Same thing with my oldest DD's best friend- she had her boobies go bye bye when she was 18- same thing- back/shouder probs- and even though she had alot taken, she is still boobier than me.:lol

:cheer:clap:yay for DD and grad school! And I know that you're on :c9 that she'll be closer to you! Good luck to her!

I forgot that you were a smoker. But :yes, it probably would be easier to quit when it's cold. I smoked for 5 years, and quit when DH and I got married! It was tough, but I did it somehow.

:woo:jumpyay for your DD (and you!), Joanne! That is wonderful news!!!:manyheart

Shannon - sorry about DH's grandfather, and it makes it even harder for you, cause you didn't know him:( I didn't know my FIL or BIL either. FIL was the 14th and BIL was the 24th. He was 27.

Same thing with my oldest DD's best friend- she had her boobies go bye bye when she was 18- same thing- back/shouder probs- and even though she had alot taken, she is still boobier than me.:lol

:lol my neice will still be boobier than me, too! although that's not saying much!!! :rofl

I remember the good ol' days, when my best friend in high school and my mom would call my chest "bodacious ta-tas". Then my friend had to go and get implants, and those days were gone.:(:lol

When did you start your flannelghan Shannon? I have 1 more strip to do on DH's birthday present (that was due to be finished a few weeks ago) I got sidetracked makin the snowman and penguin. I keep it out to remind me it needs to be finished!!!

LeaAnne- did you finish Petey's ghan?

Any holiday is hard to lose someone. My mom died on Mother's Day so even though every year Mother's Day isn't on the anniversary of her death, it is always hard. You don't ever forget, but it does get easier. It was 10 years this past May and can't believe my Dad has been gone 5 years! Always in my heart though,

:hug:hug:hug

27- goodness, that must have been so hard. But unfortunately it's life. And I guess it makes us closer to our loved ones who are still here. Cherish the moments.

Archived