Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh Joanne, how pretty! I love it. :manyheart

Leanne, yes, that's what I do. I cook the meat and the potatoes, then mix them in a pan (after draining the meat of course) then put it in corn tortilla and fry it. I don't think it could get anymore bad for you. LoL

it kind of sounds like a tortilla version of tourtierre pie. I wish Mary was here, she would love that! I'm told it's a Canadian dish. My family used to have it a lot. Meat and potatoes and seasonings, stirred up, and baked in a pie crust. Very filling, as these tacos sounds like they would be.

Roomie actually commented that it's like shepherd's pie in a tortilla, which I suppose is true. :yes

Shannon, I'm about 20 rows into it. Which pattern are you using? Yes, I would say chain really loosely, or add a chain or two. But no more than 2 or it might screw with the ruffle-ness.

I got 4 rounds done without a problem- I hit a problem at round 5- and had to frog it. Colleen helped me out last night- and I think I get it---but since I was going to Philly today I just took the never ending square ghan with me since it was mindless.

It was the first time I crocheted in public- we went to a cafe this afternoon- middle DD was studying for the GRE for grad school (going to try and start in Jan- for her masters in art and education) and youngest DD has to take her ER nurse re-certification so she was studying for that. It felt kind of neat to pull out the hook and yarn in a public place.

That's cool, Joanne! I love to hook in public. :devil I was doing it on the plane and the woman sitting next to me recognized it right away. Her mother does, I guess. But I was amazed that someone actually said crochet instead of knit.

... I just finished tonight cleaning up from the first day of school explosion!:lol

I came home from the PTO coffee hour, looked around:eek:eek, put my sneakers on and went for a walk instead!:lol when I got back, I sat outside, all by myself (well, my little doggie was with me), and enjoyed the peace and quiet. How's that for a strike?

Archived