Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

Shannon, I'm impressed with your use of agape! I bet Jennifer will be too, although I don't think she has time to read all our posts. :hi Jenn!

I once subscribed to a word a day e-mail and would try to use it in context.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colleen- the church pew sounds so awesome-ness...and I can picture it all cleaned up with pillows and a pretty afghan....

I love your choice of colors- I was thinking of using yellow and blue and maybe a burgandy color- my couch in the family room is plaid whith hose colors...but I'll have to see how much I have of those colors. How many skeins does it take? I have 7 oz skeins

We got the pew into the house in the spot I wanted it to go. DD gets all excited (talking the whole time of course), goes up to it, puts her hand on the end, curtsies and genuflects :rofl I thought that was hilarious!

Sister graduated preschool the same year I graduated high school, and we had the same color cap and gown. We got pictures taken. Really cute. It won't happen with Sister and Janna. Janna's birthday is 4 days after the cutoff date.

Eeeeewwwww! My yarn just barfed all over me!

I love how you spell colours and favourite....is that from the Queen's english?

Yep, or Canadian English, whichever. When I moved to WI in the 7th grade we had a spelling test on my first day. The teacher marked all my "our" words wrong :angry

No, I have to get going and make some dinner for dd. She fell asleep during dinner time and is crying because I won't give her peanuts. (I don't think she would chew them.) Then I will go on my walk because Roomie just came home.

Nighty night, girls! :hug

Oh, my car is working again. It stalled twice while dh was moving it, but the mechanic thinks it's because it hasn't been started all week. I am so going for a coffee tomorrow! :clap

So does DD. So cute! I meant to say that she genuflected and crossed herself (I had to look up genuflect...guess I should sign up for the word of the day e-mail again :lol).

Joanne, those colours sound nice. I'm not sure how much yarn I'll need since this is my first RR with ww yarn. I've read that a lot of ladies here "budget" 40 onces of yarn per afghan. I've got ~45 oz - 14 oz yellow, 12 oz green, probably 14 oz white, although it is not a main colour, and only 5 or 6 oz of blue. I'm not even sure how many rows I'll need. I'm guessing 40 rows might make a throw size. :shrug I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for the rough idea of how much I'll need- I'll pull out what I have and figure colors (or colours) from there. I think after cleaning tomorrow, I'll get started on one---that way I'll have the never ending square and the RR in progress. I also want to try a hat before I use the nice yarn i got in Boston-

Did I say I was cleaning tomorrow...or crocheting?

Not going to Philly tomorrow- i had the days mixed up. DD emailed me- she is working both jobs tomorrow and doesn't have to be at work on Fri till 4 so I'll go visit her Friday.

Archived