Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

Don't feel bad Shannon- I couldn't do a cartwheel so i don't know where DD got her talent from (it wasn't me). She was really good on the balance beam - doing back flips on that small piece of wood? I never in a my wildest dreams could ever do that...

well, really I'll BRB-

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played beach volleyball in ninth grade. What a joke! Everything else I tried, I quit. I guess that's why I can't finish anything now. I really regret it.

:rofl I got your movie quote Stacy...but maybe I shouldn't be proud of that one :rofl I played clarinet for one year, but I wasn't very musical.

Beach Volleyball is a school sport :eek Wow! We don't have beach weather here during the school year, I guess.

Impressive, Colleen! We played old people, not other schools. A junior was our coach. I heard he got kicked out of that school the next year for drugs. Like I said, it was a joke!

Sometimes if I can get the middle out without it barfing yarn, i use that, but most of the time I just use the outside like Colleen.

How can you crochet and "talk" on the computer at the same time?

What colors are you using on yours Colleen?

:rofl old people? What, like the seniors center or do you mean like 25 year olds because the seemed old at the time?

Funny story, DD's teacher was a teacher at my DH's school and he remembers her from when he was in Grade 3. So he told her that today (kind of rude of him to point out how old she is, I think, the poor lady). Anyway, it turns out that was her first year teaching. DH remembers thinking she was an old lady at the time, but it turns out she was probably only in her early 20s. :lol

I took piano lessons when I was younger and I wish that I didn't quit in 7th grade- I wish my parents had made me continue ( sure, Ill blame it on them ...lol) I played softball and basketball (not on the school teams, I wasn't good enough) but on the town teams. It was fun- I guess I have always liked sports!

When I brought Sister to her first day of 6th grade, her teacher said, "I think we graduated together." My sis wasn't fazed by it, but the girl beside her had her mouth agape for a while.

Agape. I don't think I've ever used that word. Did I use it right?

Colleen- that is funny about DH- that is so true- they seem soooo old when we have them as teachers and I think when I look back that most of my teachers were in their late 20's early 30's..which is really young....looking at it from my OLD perspective!!!!

Oh I always wanted to learn piano. Such a beautiful instrument. You didn't go in your pants, did you, Joanne? :lol

If there isn't an obvious strand coming from the middle, I use the outside one. It is a pain but I'd rather use that than unravel the entire thing looking for the one in the middle.

LoL @ your story, Colleen! That's really neat how dd's teacher used to be your dh's.

My RR is yellow, sage green, blue and white. I'm not very good at where and when to change colours, but whatever comes off the hook comes off the hook. I was thinking I might keep this one because these are my favourite colours. None of them are actually colours in my home, but they are my favourites. But in working with it it kind of looks baby blanketish, so we'll see. :shrug

Oh, exciting news! My MIL brought home from her house up north a pew today that I had suggested I would like to have. It's an old church pew that I really like. So, it's in my living room/entry way now as a bench for putting on shoes. I'm going to clean and polish it up and put little pillows on it. And I think eventually I will make a small afghan to keep over the back of it (just decorative, so I can go small)

Yes, Shannon- you used the word agape in the proper context!!!

and the Yankees win....theeeeeee Yankees win!!!!!

And Derek tied Lou Gehrig...........good night..........nice to come home to have my besties to "talk to". It's wierd being here alone but it is nice not being interuppted....lol

Archived