Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

I got married on my grandfather's birthday. That's why I picked it. It fell on a Sunday, but that worked 'cause Mom didn't have to close the restaurant. hee hee.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, he cleaned! That is nice!

Shannon, at least it was a Sunday! :D If the date falls on a weekend then cool, but if it falls during the week, well...don't expect a large turnout! LoL

Who do we appreciate?! :cheer:rofl

OMG Colleen- I am lauging so hard I've got tears running down:lol

My anniversary is next Tuesday 9-15 (nothing special about the date that was planned, but it ended up being 4 days after 9-11)

Isn't that the truth!

I'll think of a prize for you, Joanne. Speaking of which, I'm having such a hard time finding goodies for you girls. All my ideas didn't work out.

Yes, DH is serious about moving- and I am adapting to the idea- it does make sense to be able to really cut our mortgage down.Once he gets home from Ga we'll be actively trying to sell (which means I'll have to actively clean every night after work) Hoping it doesn't take too long to sell. But with the economy who knows- at least if it takes a few months or longer, we'll be ok ...I told him I 'm not even going to look at places until we sell this house.

Isn't that the truth!

I'll think of a prize for you, Joanne. Speaking of which, I'm having such a hard time finding goodies for you girls. All my ideas didn't work out.

Me, either, Shannon. There isn't really anything from "my area" to send. If you all don't mind scratchy squares, I could send you some sand. :lol

I have a picture of my grandfather diving. He was a champion diver. It's in my bathroom (i know, weird). On my birthday this past year, I brought DD in to go potty. She looked up at the picture and said, "Poppy". That's what I call him, but I never told her about him or who was in the picture. It was his way of telling me Happy Birthday. He and I had a special connection, so I wasn't super-surprised. But I sure did appreciate it.

Okay, sorry. I just had to share that.

We got married in April too Stacy. The 6th. And it was daylight savings night, so everyone lost an hour of sleep :lol We didn't plan that, but it was a bummer!

No worries about the goodies, ladies. Your squares will be treat enough! :hug

Joanne - Good luck with the house selling! You'll need our support to get all that cleaning done!

My middle DD (the artist) was a competitive gymnast when she was growing up- she trained 20 hrs /week- it made her a very disciplined person--I think that is why she can deal with lots of things- she had to juggle school, homework and gymnastics training and meets- and the rule in my house always was that the grades can't suffer because of an activity! School always came first

I wasn't able to include anything with my squares- I went to three different places looking for something (even a postcard).. I even stopped at the rest stop on the way to Boston and the only postcards they had were from NY (what????)

Anyway, your squares from me will be in the mail tomorrow.....

Boy, I hope Mother Nature doesn't call collect!

Gymnastics was fun, but it is not a life long activity. I wish I had been into Tennis or Dance or something that I could still do now that I'm older and less flexible.

Archived